A 2019 sofi™ Gold Award winner and the Flavor of Georgia 2018 winner, you're invited to try our new, unforgettable Sourwood Balsamic Vinegar. It's made from Sourwood Honey, an oak barrel aged apple cider mead vinegar base and local spring water - creating a unique and very flavorful complement to your food.***prices will be temporarily higher until August, 2019 due to seasonal availability of Sourwood..
The foundation of our Sourwood Balsamic Vinegar is a distinctive apple cider vinegar where apples and honey are blended and fermented together (based on the ancient wine called Cyser) and oak barrel aged for 18 months.
Our honey-vinegar mead base is then infused with a special North Georgia Sourwood Honey and Four-time World Honey Gold Medal Award winner.
Lastly, purified local spring water is added to obtain a perfect taste flavor profile and balance - with just the right amount of sweetness and bite.
Selected to grow and produce robust vinegar with potent biological effects, our process uses a special “mother”. Its healing properties are highly regarded and have been used as early as 460 BC, when Hippocrates was alive and where vinegar was used as a tonic with honey to bring out its full healing potential.
Today we've combined both active ingredients so that you can experience the benefits of apples and honey together in our unique vinegar.
Our acidity level is at 4.1%, making it ideal for persons preferring a lower acidity level and sharpness.
- On salads with your favorite oils
- A tasty baste on roasted meats, seafood and poultry.
- As a vegetable stir fry and for lightly dressing vegetable dishes.
- In homemade marinades and sauces, soups and sauces.
- Drizzle over fresh sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzled over sliced strawberries with grounded black pepper.
- In Salad Dressings and used in leafy green, potato, pasta & rice salads.
- In Soups or even smoothies.
- Special Sourwood Vinegar Detox Recipe:
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Tablespoons Sourwood Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Our vinegars are not filtered or pasteurized, so some settling of the mother may occur.
This product is all natural, fat free, gluten free and contains no sulfites.
Shake well before using.
Keep in a cool dry place after opening or refrigerate to retain full taste and clarity.